Our top priority is the health and safety of our team members, clients, and pets. We can discuss your PPE preferences prior to the Meet & Greet and socially distance at the Meet & Greet. We will note your PPE preferences in your account for when our team members are inside your home. We sanitize our hands between visits. If you would like touch-free handoffs for dog walks or Out & About Adventures, this can be arranged. We are happy to discuss your particular needs regarding safety during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We care for pets 365 days a year!
- Pet care hours: 7am to 9pm everyday.
- Clients can message us through their online Client Portal account anytime!
- Office hours 9am to 5pm M-F, 11am-4pm Sat & Sun.
- Prospective clients can go to the Contact page of the Creatures Website. We respond to inquiries within 24 hours.
- Drop-in Pet Sitting, in client’s home
- Dog Walking
- Out & About Adventures for dogs
- Dog Training Walks
- Dog Training Consultations
- Puppy Care Program, drop-in care at client’s home
- Virtual Coaching for pet parents via Zoom
Please see our SERVICES web pages for detailed descriptions of services and pricing. We do not offer boarding services.
How do I become a Creatures client?
There are several ways to reach us through the Contact page of our website. After we initially communicate, we can set up a time to meet.
Meet & Greet
Creatures Pet Care provides one complimentary 30-minute Meet & Greet prior to initiating Pet Sitting, Dog Walking, Dog Training Walks, Out & About Adventures, and Puppy Care Program services. We do not provide a free Meet & Greets for Dog Training Consultations, Virtual Coaching or Pet Taxi services.
The Meet & Greet allows us to meet you and your pets, answer any questions you have, and see where your pet care supplies are located.
Based on client feedback and security measures, all keys now remain on-site, at clients’ homes, in a key lock box that the client provides. This allows all families to have full control over their keys. Our staff members will use the key only for the duration of the service visit, and then return the key to your lockbox. Even if you have a lock keypad or garage keypad at your home, please set up a lockbox as well, in the event of battery failure or power failure. We can send you links to the lockbox models that we recommend.
Online Client Portal
All Creatures clients have an online Client Portal account, where you can conveniently manage pet care from your computer or smartphone. Through the Client Portal, you can:
- Schedule, change or cancel services (We must confirm requested services before they will appear on our schedule).
- Pay invoices and leave tips using PayPal or a major credit card
- Communicate with your pet care provider
- Update your personal and pet information
Timing of Visits
Pet care visits may take place anytime within the following visit timing guidelines. We only schedule specific appointment times for Meet & Greets and Dog Training Consults.
• 1x Daily Cat & Small Animal Pet Sitting: Will be scheduled to occur ANYTIME between 8am-8pm .
• 2x Daily Cat & Small Animal Pet Sitting: First visit will be in the MORNING (typically between 8am-11am) and the second visit will be in the EVENING (typically between 4pm-8pm).
• 3x daily dog care: First visit will be in MORNING (typically between 7am-9am); second visit in AFTERNOON (typically between 11am-4pm); last visit in the EVENING (typically between 7pm and 9pm).
• Mid-Day Dog Walking: Typically takes place between 10am and 3pm.
• Out & About Adventures and Dog Training Walks typically take place between 9am and 5pm.
How will I know when you have visited my pet?
At the end of every pet care visit, clients receive an electronic visit report, with GPS arrival and departure time stamp. This is where your Creatures pet care provider will fully communicate details of the visit and adorable photos of your pet!
Do you require a minimum number of pet sitting visits?
For the safety and well being of the pets we care for, we have the following minimum requirements:
- Dogs: 3 visits per day (morning, afternoon, and night, when client is away for entire day)
- Cat & Small Animals: 1 visit per day
Will you provide part of my pet sitting, if someone else is also caring for my pets?
For liability reasons, we are unable to job-share with other pet caregivers during your absence. Likewise, we cannot care for your pets if you have houseguests dropping in during your absence. Once we begin a pet sitting assignment, we are responsible for the care of your pets.
Do you have vaccination requirements?
We require proof of rabies vaccination for all dogs and cats. If your pet has a special exemption for rabies vaccination due to health reasons, we are happy to discuss this with you.
Billing & Payment
Full payment is due at time of booking in order to hold your reservation. For recurring, weekly dog walks, services are billed one month in advance. Clients can pay directly through their Client Portal account using PayPal or a major credit card.
What is your cancellation policy?
We have spectacular clients who are extremely important to us, and our team takes pride in providing the best pet care possible. Your pet is our top priority during our time together. When you book a service, that time slot is reserved for your pet.
We cannot issue refunds for canceled service. Cancellation fees are set out below. Changes to existing reservations are considered cancellations. Any remaining balance, after cancellation fees are applied, is credited to your Creatures account for future services.
Dog Walking, Dog Training Walks, Puppy Care & Pet Taxi:
- Cancellations less than 24 hours in advance will be charged in full.
Dog Training Consultations, Out & About Adventures & Virtual Coaching:
- Cancellations less than 48 hours in advance will be charged in full.
Pet Sitting – non-holiday:
- Visits must be canceled at least 7 days in advance to avoid a cancellation fee.
- Visits canceled between 7 days and 48 hours in advance are charged a cancellation fee of 25%.
- Visits canceled less than 48 hours in advance are charged in full.
Holiday Period Pet Care:
- Visits must be canceled at least 14 days in advance to avoid a cancellation fee.
- Visits canceled between 14 days and 7 days in advance are charged a cancellation fee of 50%.
- Visits canceled less than 7 days in advance are charged in full.
- Holiday Fees: There is an additional 25% holiday premium fee for service visits that take place during the following holiday periods: Easter weekend (Saturday & Sunday), Memorial Day weekend (Saturday through Monday), Independence Day, Labor Day weekend (Saturday through Monday), Thanksgiving weekend (Thursday – Monday), Christmas / New Year window (December 23 – January 2nd), and for visits within the Spring Break window (last week of March through the first full week of April).
Short Notice Booking Fee:
Any non-holiday booking request received less than 48 hours prior to services requested will incur a flat fees of $10.
Any booking request that falls within a holiday window, and is received less than a week before that holiday window, will incur a fee of $20 per visit for the first 48 hours of service.
Dog Walking, Training and Out & About Adventures:
We perform visits in all types of weather. During heavy rain and extreme heat or cold, outdoor time with dogs may be abbreviated in the interest of safety. Out & About Adventures scheduled during inclement weather will take place indoors, at dog-friendly businesses.
During very severe weather conditions, visits my need to take place earlier or later than originally scheduled. We recommend that clients have a trusted neighbor who lives within walking distance of their home as a backup care provider. If roads are impassable, we will let you know.
Accessing Your Home:
Please arrange for the removal of snow and ice that could impede our access to your driveway and walkways. If you are receiving pet sitting service, please leave pet-safe salt or sand for us to put down to keep icy surfaces safe.
Inability To Complete Service:
Clients will be billed in full for any scheduled visit we make to your home that has not been cancelled. This includes, but is not limited to: visits where we arrive but are unable to access or enter the home, instances where a pet displays aggressive behavior, instances where the pet is not home, or if you are home and do not need service.
Emergency Veterinary Care
Clients must complete a Veterinary Treatment Consent Form to be kept on file with us, in the event that your pet(s) need emergency veterinary care in your absence. For pet sitting, we recommend that you notify your veterinary clinic before you leave town, to let them know we will be providing care for your pets while you are gone.
Creatures Pet Care
Creatures Pet Care has been very caring and responsible with my pets. I would recommend this service to any and all caring pet parents! – Elizabeth S.
Wonderful Pet Care Service
Wonderful pet care service. Good communication and clear expectations are laid out and fulfilled perfectly. Loved that they send you a picture of your pet from each visit. I felt totally at ease knowing that my cat, Doctor Ravioli, would be well taken care of. Thank you! – Jennifer T
First time my fuzzy babies were left for a weekend and we wouldn’t be more happy with the loving care they got! Pictures and updates with every visit. My babies were so happy and relaxed when we got home. We will be calling them next time we go out of town! – Dana R.
Tami provides great care for my pets. Taking care of an African Grey takes skill and confidence and my bird thrived under her care. Creatures Pet Care is a professional and caring company. You will get everything she describes and more. She has a web site to exchange information-and she will also provide updates and pictures. I highly recommend Tami and Creatures Pet Care. – Pat W.
Excellent pet care from this service. I left them in charge of my 18 year old cat and he was in kind, caring hands. They sent messages and photos every time they visited. Highly recommended!!!! – Katherine G.
Creatures Pet Care
I would 100% recommend Creatures Pet Care of Kalamazoo. They took such good care of our cats while we were away for a few days sending updates & photos of our babies every day! In addition, they are affordable, responsive, & have an easy to use informative website. If you are going away & don’t want to board/kennel your pets Creatures Pet Care of Kalamazoo is the best alternative because their pet-sitting option allows pets to stay in their home environment so they are less stressed when their humans are away. When we got back from our trip we even found a sweet card welcoming us home w/ a bag of new kitty toys. Love them!! ❤️❤️ – Kaitlyn B.
Creatures Pet Care
Tami and Abbey have both watched our cats when we’ve been out of town. They are very reliable and thorough in the service they provide. They go above and beyond to help out. I would highly recommend Creatures Pet Care! – Russ C.
Good Pet Sitter
We recently moved to Kalamazoo and one of my first priorities was finding a good pet sitter for our cats. Tami and Abbey came to our house to meet the cats very soon after I contacted Creatures Pet Care. During our time away from the house Abbey sent pictures and updates during each of her visits to the house. She was even able to make quick friends with our shy and anxious cat. We already have Abbey scheduled to take care of our cats for our next trip and will use them for many more trips in the future. – Sabrina S.
Creatures Pet Care
I would highly recommend Creatures Pet Care to anyone looking for high quality, compassionate, pet-loving providers. Tami does an excellent job with our 8yr. old mini goldendoodle. Her professionalism & patience alleviates any concerns we have while away. Our dog is given so much love & “pampering”; the photo updates are great too! Very grateful to have found Creatures Pet Care, and Tami! – Laura U.
Top Notch Services
Amazing pet sitter! Top notch services provided for our pets! – Erica G.
Creatures Pet Care
The Creatures Pet Care team is fabulous and I wouldn’t have anyone else care for my bulldog. They take great care of my Duke, who has some special healthcare needs and he LOVES his time with his team. They even take such care to sit with him to encourage him to eat, since he struggles to eat well when I’m gone. I always get pictures of his time with his team member and an update of how he’s doing at each visit, which I look forward to while I’m away. I strongly recommend this team, even for complicated pets! – Amber N.
The quality of care for my elderly dog is wonderful! Tami & her Team Members spend time with her, play withher, take her for walks, & give her plenty of TLC & treats!!. I can leave town knowing that my girl is in the best hands ever!!! And that is priceless to me! – Glyni F
creatures pet care of kalamazoo
Enriching the lives of pets and their people
CREATURES PET CARE
Professional pet sitting, dog walking and training in Kalamazoo, MI.
Insured & Bonded
Service Hours: 7am - 9pm